Wednesday, July 13, 2011

PixelJunk Shooter 2

Just a quick note to say that PixelJunk Shooter 2 is on sale this week.  Shooter 1 was one of my favorite games from the tail end of 2009.  The music, the visual style and the subtle humor all went a long way to making a great game.  While the challenge ramped up toward the end, the game never reached the point of making you want to through your controller through the TV like other PIxelJunk games are want to do.

Earlier this year Q Games released their first true sequel to any of their PixelJunk games with Shooter 2.  The game continued the story from the fantastic cliffhanger ending of Shooter 1, but added some new components in the form of online battle modes as well as new forms of liquid death.

I've only begun to play the game but it immediately sucked me with the precise controlling, the need to save all the miners who have managed to survive the lava, stomach acid and various baddies out to kill your ship, the miner's savior, and finding the glorious diamonds hidden through each stage.  (Wow if that wasn't a run on sentence I don't know what one is!).  One of the things that I loved about Shooter 1 was the ability to record gameplay from within the game and post it to Youtube.  I wish more games did this.  Of course I had to test it out and so I've added some quick footage of my solo game play below.  



If you haven't picked up PixelJunk Shooter 2 yet (or Shooter 1 for that matter) do yourself a favor and get it this week.  Shooter 2 is on sale for 30% (or 50% for PS+ members) this week only.


No comments:

Post a Comment